Daniel Lepage on Fri, 24 Nov 2006 08:56:08 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Joining.

On Nov 24, 2006, at 3:42 AM, shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Now +that+ should be in the rules.  Suber's rules have a clause that
> states the inverse, so I doubt that I'm the only player to be unsure
> about this.
>
> But I think I've made enough proposals for the n-week!

It's arguable whether Suber's rule actually says that. We had a
similar "permissibility of the unprohibited" rule back at the
beginning of the game, and after a fair bit of arguing and CFJs, the
interpretation eventually settled down to meaning that anything not
mentioned by the rules could be done, but anything that existed
solely by the rules could only change according to the rules. Thus,
if points are defined, then given myself 1000 points is implicitly
regulated by the rules. Likewise, if I have a name, you can't change
it unless the rules don't mention names. But you are allowed to
change your clothes or surf the web, because those are beyond the
game's domain.

As for "enough proposals for the n-week", we don't have a limit on
this yet, but probably should.

--
Wonko