shadowfirebird on Thu, 23 Nov 2006 07:01:01 -0700 (MST)

[s-d] Is it just a game?

I've been googling, and found this interesting:
http://www.nomic.net/~nomicwiki/index.php/MousetrapThesis

Especially:

While there is a feeling on Steve's part [...] that Agora is at root
only a game, like chess or Monopoly, wherein every move within the
structure of the Rules is acceptable [...] The opposite view, away
from the "game," sees Agora more like a "society." [...] Agora could,
quite easily, turn itself into a nomic fan club with effects outside
the "game--" [...] The mere fact that it doesn't actually perform
these, or any, extra-game functions does not diminish the reactions
the Players to certain game actions.
<<<<

So is B-Nomic just a game?  I don't ask for idle information; if
b-nomic is like Agora is/was, and I play it as a game, lots of people
are going to be pissed off with me...

Apologies for the deep question,
Optional.

--