Antonio Dolcetta on Fri, 27 Jan 2006 03:00:38 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] comex submits p352

Mark Walsh wrote:
On: 1/26/06 1:08:35 PM comex submitted:
Subject: [s-b] [auto] comex submits p352
---------------------------------
Motion 352/0: Lighting Invalidation Generates Heavy Trepidation

I should have been clearer. First pass was a touch and go.
In Rule 10-1, remove the fifth bullet and add:
{{
* A Lighting Level which is initially 0
* A state of being Internally Lit or Not Internally Lit

So we're replacing Lit/Dark with 2 values?
A numeric Lighting Level AND Internally Lit/Not
Internally Lit? Seems redundant, unless...
While a Room is Internally Lit, its Lighting Level is increased by one.
When a Room's Lighting Level is at least one, it is Lit; otherwise, it is
Dark.
}}

...'at least one' in the second sentence above connotes
that a Lighting Level higher than one is possible. It does to
me. Yet I don't see a mechanism for implementing this.
And if it can be higher than one, why not less than zero?

What's the problem with greater than 1 or less than zero values ?
just have a lit torch in an internally lit room (or 2 torches in a Non Internally lit room), et voilà, Lighting Level = 2, room is Lit. Then activate three Radiation dampeners in the same room, Lighting Level = -1, room is Dark.

Change the Effects Field of Lit Torch to:
{{
While a Room contains a Lit Torch, its Lighting Level is increased by
one. The Lit Torch is destroyed at the beginning of the next nweek.
}}

Change the Effects Field of Kirchhoff's Radiation Dampener to:
{{
Sacrifice: The Lighting Level of the Room in which the Radiator Dampener
was activated is decreased by one until the end of the nweek that it was
activated on.
}}

In the Ordinances of The Basement, change all occurrences of {{lit}} to
{{Internally Lit}}, and all occurences of {{dark}} to {{Not Internally
Lit}}.
None of the above does anything to define precedence of
any effects field over any other.

It's because the order doesn't matter, you just add up the values. (although I do take your point that maybe it would be better to take 0 as the "Lighting" point instead of 1)

--

	Antonio
    http://gelo.dolcetta.net