Mark Walsh on Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:52:21 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] actions

On: 1/9/06 5:18:43 PM Triller sent:
> Subject: Re: [s-d] actions
> >
> > Were the messages to you from Antonio leaving my server right after they
> > were sent? Or was the delay elsewhere?
> >
> > --
> > J.
> >
> I really don't have any way of knowing when they leave the server.
> I can see two times if I open the messages in [s-b] archives.
> There's one on the header at the top Then beneath the title block
> there is a bullet item time. I assume that's the receipt time of the
> server (it's about 5 seconds before the header time).
> There is an odd domainkey-signature bullet attached to his messages
> that I don't see elsewhere, and also a user agent (Thunderbird 1.5).
> But Peter's messages also have a user agent (Gnus/5) and his bounce
> immediately to me.
>
> I just printed up the message source from my received email.
> I'll see if I can glean anything from that.
> Triller

Ok. I looked at the path from sender in the message source,
and it looks like it tracks all the way to earthlink's east coast
server with each bounce being just seconds apart.
Why earthlink's server is holding up the messages 2 hours is
a complete mystery. And why only Antonio's?
Just to see I checked all messages from Antonio I still have
in my mailbox, and they are all delayed 2 hours from
earthlink's east coast server to me. I'm in California, but
the last item in all mail to me is one or another server name
.atl.sa.earthlink.net (EarthLink SMTP Server). Why only
Antonio's messages are delayed is mind-boggling.
Oh, well. Nothing for you to worry about Joel.
Thanks for responding.
Triller