Peter Cooper Jr. on Mon, 9 Jan 2006 12:51:55 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [auto] Wonko votes

Wonko votes:
> Motion 326/0: Correct Operation For Finding Erratic Randomness : Against
> I've changed my mind on this prop after thinking back on all the subgames
> that had their own random rolls built into the software running them. This
> prop would require that such software instead just send die rolls to the
> dice server and then wait for a Minister to manually put in the results,
> which would have crippled most past subgames that relied on random
> numbers.

There's no reason a rule for a subgame couldn't override this rule to
specify its own method of randomness. But I think it's a good idea to have
a default for random things not otherwise specified.

--
Peter C.