Peter Cooper Jr. on Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:12:31 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: Various Updates.

"Mark Walsh" <flutesultan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> comex joined the game, though e voted as CorianKos.
> Welcome! If you prefer comex, I'll change all the handles
> in the various displays. If so, it's helpful to set your Player
> Name for all 3 accounts (Wiki, spoon-business, and
> spoon-discuss). You should have received email
> confirmation for s-b and s-d with a link to make changes,
> and for the Wiki you change 'User Preferences'.

I think that since the name e joined with was comex, that's eir
Official Name here, since e didn't formally change it. The
instructions on the wiki are kind of confusing, since I think it's
designed to be for more normal user accounts. There was a note at the
bottom mentioning it, but it'd be easy to miss... I just moved the
text to the top and clarified it a bit.

And spoon-business and -discuss are just mailing lists, so changing
your name there (if there is such an option) probably doesn't matter
much. Depending on the sophistication of your mail program, you may be
able to have it use your player name in the From line for posts to the
mailing lists. Or you can be boring like me and have it be fairly
obvious from my player name what my real name is.

--
Peter C.