Daniel Lepage on Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:10:56 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Anyone who isn't here raise your hand.

I'm reading. Schoolwork has been gnawing at my free time for a while, but I think it's almost full now and I might even be able to convince it to go out for a run or a spot of lunch at some point tomorrow.

The script issues are "fixed" inasmuch as you can see props and submit new ones, etc. It'll break again as soon as somebody makes another prop containing a non-ascii character, but only the prop with that character in it won't show up, and I can fix such props on a case-by-case basis if need be. Hopefully later this week I can put some more robust scripts out there, ones that won't break at the drop of a beret.

As for the House game, making it simpler would almost certainly help. I think we should start by propping away some of the things that never get used (Wands come to mind).

The fundamental problem right now seems to be that there's no goal - unless I plan on doing some complicated voting scam, there's nothing to be gained from doing anything in the House. So maybe we need a real game in the House. Capture the Flag, perhaps? Tag? Diplomacy?

Also, Peter said something about maybe we should make an actual map (in response to Sight). What did you mean by that?

--
Wonko

On Sep 12, 2005, at 6.47 PM, flutesultan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

From: <eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [s-d] Anyone who isn't here raise your hand.

This is a test to see who is reading the mailing list.
If there aren't enough responses we may have to pause
the house game and make a simpler new one.

Greetings.
At present B Nomic is in stasis by virtue of script issues.
Peter and I have our clock keys off which freezes the game.
Wonko has been otherwise occupied, and the script issue falls
in his purview (not by the rules, but for our convenience).
Proose away. A pause in the game could behoove you.

Triller

Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is a change in your circumstances.
  ---Department of Social Services,  Greenville, South Carolina