David E. Smith on Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:09:01 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] More fun, plus prop revision

Quoting "Peter Cooper Jr." <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

It looks like www.bnomic.org is offline now, which should add to our
fun.

It's back now.

One of the things I do at work is reboot everything every two or three months,
just to make sure everything starts up like it should. This time, it didn't.
There's a reason I do these things... :)

Also, even though I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again, GENTOO
SUCKS. Way to go, overwriting your own init scripts in bizarre and incompatible
ways with no visible warning to the sysadmin. Between this and its lovely
tendency to do the same thing with Web server configurations, I'm real close to
taking this server and hitting it with a hammer.

dave