Daniel Lepage on Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:33:34 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] DQT submits p152

On Jul 12, 2005, at 5.44 PM, Dan Schmidt wrote:

I made it a talisman because that's Golems main
advantage. After all, what point would a class that
confers no real advantages have?

The problem is that right now there's no way to get a Talisman except to forge one. If there's only one Golem, and it already exists, then nobody can get it and thus your golem form will sit unused until somebody repeals it.

What you could do, though, is make it an entirely new class of object. A gremlin-like thing, perhaps... "There exists an object called the Dyslexic Q-Golem, or DQG. The DQG does the following things ..."

Maybe you could make a monster that stalks the Rooms of the House.

We'll need more Rooms, methinks.

I was thinking that there should be more ways to
uniquely customize oneself. Rather then have powers
and abilities that are available to everyone I think
that we should focus on powers only available to a
single player or Quasi-Player. If players had unique
abilities then it would make subgames much more
interesting, especially if they are team subgames.

Classes are a step in that direction, as are unique talismans. Perhaps we should have Rumble-style Super Powers that players bid on?

--
Wonko

Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process and the innards are discouraging to any but the pure scientific mind.
     -E. B. White (1899 - 1985), Some Remarks on Humor, introduction