Daniel Peter Lepage on Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:45:46 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [auto] BvS submits p117

>> This proposal is Baron von Skippy.
>
> That's an interesting change to the state of the game. I don't think
> it'll do much right now to have one game object be both a player and a
> proposal. But it could be interesting.

I'm not sure it would do anything as worded, since it's not really a
gamestate change, and only the changes in a prop get implemented. This is
more of a declaration. If it said "Make this proposal be Baron von
Skippy", then it would have interesting effects. I don't think BvS would
like the effects, though. There are a few possible interpretations that
come to mind. First, it could supplant em, making em cease to be a player
and be a proposal instead. More likely it will make BvS be simultaneously
a prop and a player, but that would also have negative side effects,
because BvS would immediately become a Historical Proposal, and
"Historical Proposals are for all intents and purposes not part of the
Gamestate; they are kept merely for reference."

If I'm reading that correctly, any player who is also a proposal would
effectively die as soon as they Resolved.

Oh, and btw, the Loophole prop did work, it just never showed up on the
Ballot. So we now have a winner, albeit largely through my own stupidity.

--
Wonko