eugman on Sun, 15 May 2005 22:35:01 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] Lots of actions.

> > For the cfi in which I am the defendant I declare this as my
> > statement/defense ect...
> > {{
> > Statement: Truth is beauty. Beauty is truth. Since Raelus's analysis
> > lacks beauty is therefore lack truth and my proposal is a legal
> > move.}}
> I don't think a CFI was even necessary for this. It was clearly
> illegal, and everyone can see that. Consider it removed from the
> Ballot; the other props will be renumbered at the end of the nweek,
> when I can do that safely (right now it would require a lot of
> monkeying about with people's votes, and I don't want to mess those
> up).

E just wants more money. A reward for cfi's is a bad idea.

> > I submit the cfi to get at peter.
> > {{
> > == Nice try, Peter. ==
> >
> > Defendant: Peter
> >
> > Statement:  Peter's proprosal doesn't actually propose anything, is
> > full of nonsense,  makes no reference to the game and plagerized.
> > Therefore p74 is invalid.
> >
> > Analysis by Plaintiff:
> > The rules say that  each Proposal consists of a list of Gamestate
> > Changes, that is, changes to the state and/or existence of some number
> > of Game Objects. P74 contains one line in the interrogative form and
> > the rest are declarative. A proposal needs statments in the imperative
> > form in order to command any changes to the gamestate. Now even though
> > one is allowed to use a declarative to demonstrate the existence of a
> > game object this proposal does not even do that. This proposal does
> > not reference any existing game objects nor does it declare the
> > existence of new ones. Instead is it full of lines about eternal
> > summer and rough winds and other such rubbish.  I therefore find this
> > proposal not meeting its requirements of a proposal and has nothing to
> > do with the game.
> > }}
>
> I think Peter may be in the right here - a list can indeed be empty,
> and nothing prevents nonsense or plagiarism.

Truthfully I think it's up to interpretation. I'm saying his proposal does nothing a proposal does. He's arguing he is proposing everything stays just the same. We'll see how it turns out.