Alex Truelsen on Wed, 11 May 2005 19:49:03 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] EugeneMeidinger amends p63

On 5/11/05, eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx <eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now that I think of it I could make some stuff in my if this passes...
> proposal.
>
> I think it might be better to make a grid city. Also I'm wondering what
> ideas you have for something like that. The things I can think of off the
> top of my head would
> be stuff like getting paid on tax days if you have something there,
> needing something on the edge of the city to build in the city, somehow
> having forts and such bolster by the nearby city. I'm not sure how being
> able to move a fort and such into the city would actually work.

 Well, I wasn't thinking that you build a fort in a city, but rather that
you build a city around a fort, one square at a time. Then you could put
stuff in the city that helps your fort, and the fort would have to protect
the city against attack... basically, like a feudal town built around a
castle. But with more shiny metal parts. Also, building the town one square
at a time would allow more flexibility - I'm all about using smaller units
so you avoid fractions.
 [[BvS]]