Alex Truelsen on Wed, 11 May 2005 17:17:30 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] EugeneMeidinger amends p63

On 5/11/05, Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, time for a grammar nazi campaign run.

Don't you have about half of the existing ministries right now? Besides, if
I have to check everyone's spelling and grammar, I'll actually start really
reading their proposals instead of getting the general idea, and the game
will benefit as a result. Vote for BvS!

> > The Ministry of Cities is a Ministry; its Minister may be called the
> > Vice Mayor or VM . The Vice Mayor is responsible for all changes
> > related to Cityscape. If the Vice Mayor is unable to produce or
> > maintain the Cityscape Rulebook then that is the Minister of Change's
> > job.
>
> I would say that that will never happen. The Vice Mayor can *always*
> maintain the rulebook, and part of being a Minister is figuring out a
> good way to do this. If the wiki doesn't work for you, then get a
> Geocities account or email the rules to spoon-notices every two days,
> or whatever else you can think of.

How do we create new pages on the Wiki, anyway? Once the page exists I can
probably work it out from there, but it's that first step that's a problem.

> I'm still extremely wary of adding too many subgames at once, though.

I could argue either way for Subgames - if we introduce ten and no one plays
eight, then that's one way to pick good ones... on the other hand, it would
be simpler if people only voted for Subgames they planned on playing. And
once people are playing a subgame, they can make proposals to modify it and
make it better, so that way would pretty much ensure a success every time a
subgame passed.

As far as this one goes, I'm not entirely sure what the point is... what do
I gain out of playing? It looks like I pay for a building and pay taxes on
it, as opposed to Forts, which will give me revenue every nweek and the
ability to shoot at Wonk... er... other players. If I want to make money off
of Cityscape, it has to come from other players somehow, so it's a zero-sum
game at best - not even zero-sum, because a lot of money will just vanish
every nweek into taxes.

Although I do wonder what would happen if Nomburg was placed on the 3x3 grid
at the center of The Grid - the square bordered by (12,12), (12,14),
(14,14), and (14,12), so each Grid square represents a 2x2 square of blocks
in Nomburg. Then other cities could be plopped down here and there around
the Grid as well, which would start making things interesting because you'd
have cities nearby Forts... or maybe Forts in the center of cities, so each
of us could have our own little town.

That would either be really awesome or a dismal flop. Because I see
opportunities for interaction, I'll vote for Cityscape if it's cleaned up
(as per Wonko's suggestions), but I'm not playing it until I can get
something out of it.

[[BvS]]