Alex Truelsen on Tue, 10 May 2005 22:53:51 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] BvS amends p58

> > Hmm. Do proposals take precedence over rules? Because Rule 7-1 says "A
> > player may only lose possession of eir Soul or gain possession of
> > another
> > Soul in a manner stated by the rules," which (it would seem to me)
> > means
> > that if destroying Mithrandir's Soul does destroy BvS's as well, the
> > action
> > would be cancelled. That is, assuming that proposals defer to rules.
>
> The rules assert that the effects of a Passed Proposal happen, so
> technically a proposal doesn't do anything itself. Instead, a rule
> reads the proposal and does what it says, so that the effects of the
> prop all happen "according to the rules".

And since that bit is in section 3, which takes precedence over section 7,
then yes, bad things would happen. So I'll go with the tried and true method
of destroying everything and rebuilding only what you want.

> Or I could make it "destroy the Soul of Mithrandir and the Soul of
> > Baron von
> > Skippy. Give Baron von Skippy a Soul." That would be worth it just for
> > putting that sentence into a proposal...
>
> It's about time :P

Yeah... might as well get it written down somewhere for reference.