Daniel Lepage on Thu, 5 May 2005 22:58:31 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Raelus votes

On May 5, 2005, at 8.13 PM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Proposal 32/4: Blackjack is getting on track.           : Against
Dealer rolls 10 and A. Dealer wins.

What's wrong with that?

Proposal 34/0: Pennies from Heaven!                     : Against
There are issues in the rule.

It would be helpful if you gave an example of an "issue" in the rule.

Proposal 45/1: Hooked on Gremlics                       : Against
Weird idea. Can't vote for it in that story form though. Not that I don't trust you, but...

The only difference between this and a non-story prop is a bunch of comments that have absolutely no effect on the game. Why does that influence your votes?

Proposal 49/3: Dictators Over Nomic Types Seem To Overtly Pwn (DONT STOP) : Against Bad idea. Player could veto one of eir own props, and they'd "randomly" get the stamp back.

It doesn't matter - they can only use it twice per continuous period holding it, so if it doesn't go to somebody else then they can't use it again anyway. Also, if one player keeps it for three nweeks, e loses it anyway.

And even if that weren't true, then the Stamp would have the bonus effect that you could force your own props to fail. Somehow the prospect of a guy beating emself up doesn't worry me at all.

Proposal 53/0: The Proposal That Creates a Ministry Of Souls and Soul-related things, and also has an absurdly long name because I couldn't come up with a normal clever name : Against
Do we really need another Ministry?

Unless you'd like Peter to keep doing everything until he passes out from exhaustion. I've seen what happens when a game becomes to complicated for its admin (Hell, I've even been that admin). It's not a pretty sight, and nine times out of ten it's the end of the game. The only reason B Nomic survived was because we'd already started creating Ministries by the time it happened.

--
Wonko

This is patently absurd; but whoever wishes to become a philosopher must learn not to be frightened by absurdities.
     -Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)