Daniel Lepage on Thu, 5 May 2005 18:36:25 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] EugeneMeidinger amends p32

On May 5, 2005, at 7.00 PM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

EugeneMeidinger has amended p32.

---------------------------------
Proposal 32/3: Black jack is getting on track.
A Standard Proposal by EugeneMeidinger
Last modified on nweek 87, nday 1

[[Bigot, hmmm this is too easy......]]

It's only Bigot if you change "Black Jack" to "Blackjack". Otherwise it's "Bjigot", which I suppose is a prejudiced Norseman.

Replaces all instances of the word gambly in any of rules with the words Game Overseer.

Add the following game to The Minister of Gambling's list of allowed games:
{{
=== ID Blackjack ====

}}

I don't know how I feel about this. Blackjack has basically no skill involved unless you count cards and watch closely; that strategy doesn't apply in this game. I have a strong suspicion that you could find two numbers x and y such that this game is basically identical to the game "Roll 1dx. If you roll above y, get twice your bet. Otherwise, lose your bet."

I greatly prefer games that require skill, or at least thought, to the random awarding of points.

--
Wonko

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
                -- Plato