Daniel Lepage on Wed, 4 May 2005 08:10:20 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] Genechips for all!

On May 4, 2005, at 12.15 AM, Alex Truelsen wrote:

I just thought I'd note, as I am a shameless vote-whore, that
m-w.com<http://m-w.com>defines "acronym" as follows:

Main Entry: *ac·ro·nym*
<javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?acrony01.wav=acronym')>
Pronunciation: 'a-kr&-"nim
Function: *noun*
Etymology: *acr-* + *-onym*
*:* a word (as *NATO, radar,* or *snafu*) formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the successive parts or major parts of a compound term; *
also* *:* an abbreviation (as *FBI*) formed from initial letters *:
INITIALISM<http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary? book=Dictionary&va=initialism>

*Therefore, all proposals have acronyms for titles. Note that proposal 28 fixes this by making it required that the acronym be an actual word. (Voice gets half of the bonus for helping to spot the bug.) Also note that proposal 10 more clearly defined acronyms, making this sort of bug impossible. Vote
for 28! Retroactively vote for 10!

Yes. This bug was pointed out a about a week ago. And I put out a tweak back then that will fix it before this nweek's proposals happen.

You shouldn't object to my Tweak, either, because through means that I don't care to explain until after the end of the nweek I've already ensured that if my Tweak fails I'll get over a hundred million Genechips out of it.

--
Wonko

First things first, but not necessarily in that order.
     -Doctor Who