Peter Cooper Jr. on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:36:23 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [auto] EugeneMeidinger submits p20

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> That convention always bugged me. There's no good reason to put the
> period before the quotes anymore. Someday I'll want to create a
> section whose title includes a period at the end, and I'll have to
> include many extra words to do so >:(

I tend to just use periods outside quotes anyway, since it's generally
clearer. But I work at a place that prints formal things such as
wedding invitations, so I have to use the more formal rules there on
things like our web site.

It'd probably be just as easy to use double-curly-braces to delimit
your title if you want to include a period in it.

See <http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/writing-style.html> for more
about how 'hackers' write. :)

--
Peter C.
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."