Alex Truelsen on Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:48:50 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] BvS amends p10

On 4/21/05, Jimmy Kaplowitz <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 01:26:21AM +0000, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:
> > When a proposal passes that creates a Game Object whose name can be
> > reduced to an acronym which is an English Word or string of English
> > Words, the proposal's Owner has eir Amplitude increased by one quarter
> > of the number of words incorporated into the acronym, rounded to the
> > nearest integer. [...] Multiple bonuses may be gained from multiple
> > acronyms in the same proposal. Not all words in the name of the Game
> > Object need to be incorporated into the acronym.
>
> So, if a prop of mine creates a Game Object which acronyms to
> O.U.T.B.N.G.D.I.D, I could get two separate Amplitude bonuses: one for
> OUT, one for DID, and BNG would be ignored as per the last sentence
> quoted above. Is this really what you meant? Even if you meant that the
> multiple acronyms had to include the same letters as each other (which
> isn't clear from the prop text), the fact that a Game Object acronymming
> to O.U.T.B.N.G.F.P.I.O. could get an Amplitude bonus for the OUT part
> seems a bit weird.

No, you'd get one bonus per object - "...Game Object whose name can be
reduced to AN acronym." Therefore, multiple possible acronyms from one
object's name would also not be counted, because you have to state "the
acronym." This should also prevent someone choosing the same acronym an
infinite number of times and maxing out their Amplitude. As for the other
problem, if you can come up with a simple way to ban acronyms like your
"OUT"BNGFPIO without banning acronyms no one would argue with and everyone
would love that sadly don't use all of the words in their name, I'll throw
it in there.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz