Peter Cooper Jr. on Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:24:02 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: Create New World

Rainbow Wolfe <rainbowdreamwolf@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Now the new world is in operation, I can send this I'm working on. :-)
>
> All that follows is a preview of the rule(s) I'm working on.
> Suggestions appreciated. - RW
> (and reasonings, etc... will be removed :-) )
>
> Create new rule: 'Create New World'
>
> {{
> A player may create an entire rules section [[usually the initial
> rules for a sub game]] provided that the following restriction(s) are
> met.
> * The player must have no other proposal pending until NewWorld is
> resolved. If a proposal by the player, other than NewWorld, becomes
> pending then NewWorld ceases to resolve and is treated as if the
> player withdrew the prop.

I'm not quite parsing this... what's NewWorld?

>  The following restrictions must be met, or otherwise accounted for.
> * There must be no amendment to, or creation of, any rule outside the
> NewWorld subsection.

In the World itself? Can it make a World that makes a Rule that amends
the main rules?

> * All rules in NewWorld must be self-contained, making no direct
> impact upon the Universe [[BNomic]] or another World.

That's a tough thing to judge... If it has nothing to do with B Nomic,
then it could just as easily be a random Internet activity that really
does have nothing to do with B Nomic.

> The Minister under whose duristiction the NewWorld falls has the power
> to veto a proposal, provided they give good reason for doing so.
> [[This may be however be CFI'd.]]

This isn't well defined... A minister only has the power to update
Public Displays.

> }}
>
> [[reasoning:
> The rule allows players to create subgames consisting of more than 5
> rules, and also helps to address the previous problem of having all
> subgame rules put into one meta-rule.

They can already make a subgame of more than 5 rules, since a proposal
can contain any number of changes to the game state.

> Suggested restrictions are to limit players power using this, this
> needs more work and I'm open to suggestions before I submit (things
> I've missed / wording). Restrictions that 'must be taken into account'
> are to restrict the creation of a NewWorld to the subsection.
> Obviously we need to take into account that some games will interact
> more directly with the core rules (sections 1-5) and other Worlds
> (games).

I don't really see what this does that the standard proposal system
doesn't let players do... Maybe you could make your intent a little
more clear, 'cause I'm just not getting this right now.

--
Peter C.
"Well, yeah, if you want to look at it from a purely *correct* point