Glotmorf on Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:21:44 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [auto] Wonko submits p2034

On 11 Mar 2005 at 16:35, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> > "Martin R Crowther" <cybersanctuary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > > Which reminds me: what are wdays and wweeks for? [[they only seem
> > > to track when the clock is off]] and, had anyone ever made use of
> > > this feature?
> >
> > Well, they track when the clock is off. They were recently made use
> > of by the Backup Duty addition. Basically, it can be handy to have a
> > way to measure time while the clock is off.
>
> I think RW is right, though - we put in wweeks back in nweek two or
> three, and I don't think they were ever used in the three years
> between then and the Backup Duty.

But that's because Dave primarily used Writs of Delay,
indicating he'd just be a day or two in getting clock-stopping
tasks completed.  Never really liked writs of delay...I felt
Dave should just take as long as he needed to, and if it was
gonna be more than a day or two the Watch would add
perspective.

But if all it does is add perspective, perhaps it would be
easier if the wiki showed the timestamp for when the Clock was
stopped...?  After all, the Watch must necessarily be
realtime, unless one wants to be able to turn it off as well.

-- Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt