Daniel Lepage on Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:25:39 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: Color choice

On Mar 4, 2005, at 9.40 AM, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Ok, it's all good. I'm calling upon the powers of Executive Tidiness
to put in the missing texts of the color cards, on the grounds that
the way my repair scripts work it's actually easier that way.

I'm not making an objection to the Executive Tidiness just yet, but
this doesn't quite seem to me to be what it is for... Changes made
nweeks and nweeks ago shouldn't be able to just suddenly appear, or
else why do we have a Statute of Limitations rule?

Executive Tidiness exists to let us repair errors, whether they're made by normal players or by Ministers. I see no difference between adding the text that should have been put in nweeks ago, and, for example, adding the missing W to 'aterspouts' some time after the rule was created. Would you claim that if enough time had elapsed, the Statute of Limitations would force the rule to talk about "aterspouts"?

--
Wonko

It's simple. It's just things with chalk on a board.
     -Helmut Vogel, when asked to explain a physics equation