Glotmorf on Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:12:52 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [auto] Peter votes

On 11 Feb 2005 at 0:51, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2005, at 9.41 PM, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
>
> > Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >> That takes two nweeks (one to call a Vote of No Confidence, one to
> >> elect a new Minister), and also isn't always the solution.
> >
> > Yeah, I guess that a vote of no confidence isn't quite enough, but I
> > still have a few objections to the proposal as worded.
> >
> > - It seems like it'll be too easy to take a full nweek's salary from
> >   someone, since you get 5 points for each change to the game state.
>
> The intent was to reward you only each time you did the Duty; if
> twenty gamestate changes were unrecognized, you'd have to recognize
> all of them to get the Perk, and it would only be five points total.

This isn't clear in the proposal.  All the proposal says is, "The Backup Duty
becomes active whenever a change has been made to the state of the game
more than five days ago and a Minister responsible for presenting that portion
of the gamestate in a Public Display has not updated that display or notified a
Public Forum of the change. To fulfill the Backup Duty, a player must notify
a Public Forum of the change and either modify the appropriate Public
Display, if possible, or create a new Public Display with the corrected
information."  Technically, this says there's a Backup Duty for every little roster
change that comes up...meaning my unrecognized points and my
unrecognized de-vatted status, being two changes, are two Backup Duties.
You'd need to say something like fulfilling the Backup Duty consists of
bringing all unrecognized changes up to date for that ministry.  Or possibly,
even, that, if multiple changes did result in multiple Backup Duties, they'd
have to be fulfilled in order.

-- Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt