Jake Eakle on Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:45:51 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] PlayerPersonman submits p2005

On 2/8/05 4:30 PM, "Daniel Lepage" <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2005, at 7.20 PM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Advancement tokens may only be used once.
>
> And only by the players that hold them?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it says that earlier.

>> B. Permissable Actions
>> Any player may use an Advancement token they own to temporarily double
>> all of their Avatar's stats. Any stat doubled in this manner is halved
>> (rounded down) at the end of the current checking period.
>
> Technically the stats belong to the players, not the Avatars. Avatars
> don't get stats.

Okay. Will be fixed.

>> Any player may use an Advancement token to cause all Avatars in Cubes
>> orthagonally or diagonally adjacent [[player's choice]] to the Cube
>> their Avatar is in to be destroyed with a probability of 1/5. This
>> probability is computed on a Cube-by-Cube basis, so that if mulitple
>> Avatars are in one affected Cube, they are either all destroyed or all
>> not destroyed.
>
> What does "diagonally adjacent" mean in this context? There are twelve
> cubes adjacent to a cube by shared face edges, and eight more via
> shared corners; do you really want to let somebody nuke 20 cubes
> (almost a third of the Arena) in one move?

It says 'or', so the player chooses either the 6 cubes orthagonally adjacent
(faces touching) or the 8 cubes diagonally adjacent (corners touching). This
means no Cubes touching only at an edge can be affected.

>> Any player may use an Advancement token to make three legal Board Game
>> moves in one checking period. [[This includes creating Pieces]]
>>
>> Any player may use an Advancement token to draw four cards.
>>
>> Any player may use an Advancement token to gain one of any type of
>> Permanent Glory.
>
> Why would anyone ever do this? They'd lose 20 points a point of PH at
> the end of the nweek anyway, so the best they could hope for is to
> break even on Honor and lose 20 points for nothing.

No, they could take glory or whatever the other one is. Oh wait, I see. I
mean to say any type of Permanent Renown. Will also be fixed. Also, they
don't lose the honor right away, so they have one more than they did for a
week. This exists mostly in case there is ever a time at which having a
certain amount of some kind of renown triggers something, which it may in
the future.

Thanks for your comments,
Personman