Peter Cooper Jr. on Thu, 3 Feb 2005 06:41:42 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [auto] Wonko submits p1998

automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Wonko has submitted a new proposal, p1998.
> Proposal 1998/0: Calling for Backup

I like the idea, but I think that people are going to get the 5 points
repeatedly very easily. For example, if this were in effect now, I
could claim 5 points for every update to the Roster since the nweek 77
voting, and claim that each player's point changes from that voting
was a separate change. You've capped it at 20, But I think that
getting all 20 will be the norm instead of the exception. And once
someone else has done the backup duty for a task you're the minister
for, there's little incentive for you to pick up doing the task again
that nweek, since you won't get paid for it anyway.

I'm not sure what the solution is, though... It just seemed like
something to bring up.

You also might want to clarify how it interacts with deputies.

--
Peter C.
"Did the table do something wrong?"