Jeremy Cook on Sat, 1 Jan 2005 20:39:49 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: MoFP recognizer

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 09:22:35PM -0500, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
> Bryan Donlan <bdonlan@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Jeremy Cook <athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> I do that slowly!
> >
> > Hmm... question is, is this kind of correction legal? I'm inclined to
> > say no, as to say it is leads to abuse far too easily.
>
> One could argue that the second statement was a repetition of the
> first. Much like if player A said "I water my vine" and then player
> B says "I do that too", this would be "I pick a tomato", followed by
> "I do it again, slowly this time."

Well, I didn't say "again" or "this time". It's pretty clear I
was trying to correct myself (but I'd go with bd's inclination).

> Of course, the second time couldn't be done, since picking slowly
> isn't allowed in the same checking period, and I don't think that
> there exists another tomato in the Town Square.

I didn't get the tomato the first time.

> (The next question I would have is, if somebody declares e is Picking
> Slowly and it isn't legal to Pick Slowly anymore due to already having
> picked something, is the entire thing just considered illegal and not
> done, or is the picking still done, but not slowly, with the
> consequences for doing so?)

You're trying to get me pierced by thorns TWICE?? Picking Slowly
is a different action than Picking, so it doesn't revert to the
other unless the rules say so.

I'll prop a change to the Picking mechanism: I think the thorns
should be probabilistic. The current system doesn't make sense:
Picking unSlowly is always equivalent to losing 8 points.

Zarpint