Peter Cooper Jr. on Sat, 1 Jan 2005 20:22:43 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: MoFP recognizer

Bryan Donlan <bdonlan@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Jeremy Cook <athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Jeremy Cook <athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I pick a tomato from the Town square.
>>
>> I do that slowly!
>
> Hmm... question is, is this kind of correction legal? I'm inclined to
> say no, as to say it is leads to abuse far too easily.

One could argue that the second statement was a repetition of the
first. Much like if player A said "I water my vine" and then player
B says "I do that too", this would be "I pick a tomato", followed by
"I do it again, slowly this time."

Of course, the second time couldn't be done, since picking slowly
isn't allowed in the same checking period, and I don't think that
there exists another tomato in the Town Square.

(The next question I would have is, if somebody declares e is Picking
Slowly and it isn't legal to Pick Slowly anymore due to already having
picked something, is the entire thing just considered illegal and not
done, or is the picking still done, but not slowly, with the
consequences for doing so?)

--
Peter C.
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and