Daniel Lepage on Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:23:00 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] Godel's Report, nweek 72

On Oct 30, 2004, at 5.55 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:

I nominate Wonko for the Webministry, the Ministry of Change, and the
Ministry of Cards.

I nominate Personman for the Ministry of the Rules.

I accept the nominations for the Webministry and the Ministry of Cards, and nominate myself for the Ministry of the Rules and the Ministry of Arcana (as long as I'm doing it anyway, I might as well get paid :) ).

At the moment, the Proposal Ministry is well suited to having somebody else do it, as I do all the propmin stuff through the wiki now. A few ruleset things still require direct DB access, though, so I'll run for GM and try to script a more powerful ruleset editor.

The Proposal Ministry is a very nice ministry to hold, I should note.

The duties of the Chairman are as follows:

If somebody makes a proposal on s-b, the Chairman must enter it into the Proposal tracker and renumber any props submitted through the form accordingly. This is the single most irritating part of the job; the rest is really easy (when I get a chance I'll write something to automatically do that).

Once per nweek, the Chairman must submit the current ballot.
This means moving all proposals in the 'Current Props' folder to the 'Ballot' folder, and then going to TheBallot on the wiki and emailing the contents of the page to s-b. Moving props between folders is easy (you can do it from the PropIndex page if I give you the right permissions)

The Chairman must enter votes cast on the mailing list into the wiki forms (this is no harder than submitting your own votes).

Once per nweek, the Chairman must email the contents of the Voting Results page (which can't be viewed by anyone except me and the Minister of Proposals) to the public forum, then move all props in the 'Ballot' folder to the 'Historical' folder.

Anything that can't be done through the wiki (haiku points, song recognition, etc.) must be done by the Chairman.

For the most part, this means that you only need to do things twice every nweek - send out the ballot at the beginning of the last Checking Period, and put out the results at the end of it.

For 20 points an nweek, that's not too bad.

</plug>

--
Wonko

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
                -- Plato