Daniel Lepage on Sat, 30 Oct 2004 00:34:56 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] Please vote for these things... they will make the game better.

On Oct 30, 2004, at 1.13 AM, Jeremy Cook wrote:

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 09:41:52PM -0700, Jake Eakle wrote:
I cannot distinguish any of the actions I took from legal actions.

This is simply a false statement. What you say to s-b doesn't change
whether you can distinguish them or not.

And Wonko's attempt also fails, since even if The Voice isn't reading
this, e can still distinguish Wonko's actions from legal ones; he just
might not be doing so currently due to his lack of knowledge about them.

I'll CFI this if I need to. Wonko?

How do you know that I can tell the difference? If I couldn't tell the difference, the situation would look exactly the same; you therefore can't distinguish between the case where I can't distinguish between my actions and legal actions, and the case where I can distinguish but lie and say that I can't.

That, btw, is the sole reason we have this rule - because you can't prove, for example, whether Babelfish really was down during the 30 second period while I sent in my prop or whether I'm lying so that I can use Pig Latin.

So you can't tell the difference between my actions and legal actions; I submit to you once again that they must therefore be legal. Note once again that I really do think (and did think) that my actions were legal, and so if nothing else, that made them legal.

That said, I don't think we need to use this to change other parts of the game - the only thing I would really consider a 'danger to the game' is the thought that we'll go on another week-long hiatus until I find time to redo all the card actions. Everything else can be prop-fixed.

If you'd really like to CFI it, then go ahead, but please call an election on the now-vacant Attorney Generalship first... more things need doing than I'm finding time to do.

--
Wonko

"Today, if you are not confused, you are just not thinking clearly."
     -U. Peter