Jake Eakle on Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:10:17 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] Work is sucking the lifeforce from me--I mean, more than usual

>>> All you people with tomato actions really ought to roll the neccessary
>>> dice, even if it's going to turn out you can't actually do what you
>>> did :P
>>
>> They trivially can't - bd's proposal fixed the rule to read:
>> "Any player who has at least one tomato may at any time declare their
>> intent to throw a Tomato at any other player. Doing so destroys one of
>> their tomatos. The targetted player is Hit with the Tomato with a
>> probability of 1/4. If a player is Hit with a Tomato, that player and
>> all cards in eir become Stained With Tomato Juice."
>>
>> That pretty much bans everything everyone's tried.
>
> Except that the nweek hasn't started yet, since we don't have results,
> so the rules haven't changed yet.

if this were true, there wouldn't be any tomatoes either. However, the new
rule doesn't say that you have to own a tomato to throw it, it jsut says
that one of your tomatoes is destroyed when you declare an attempt. I now
realize this would mean that everyone _else_ could throw infinite tomatoes,
while i am limited to four, since after i throw my last one there won't bea
ny tomatoes left to throw. Hm. Assuming that because i couldn't complete my
stated actions, i took none of them, i will proceed to give one of my
tomatoes to someone else, then throw that one at everyone infinite times.

--personman