Jeremy Cook on Sun, 3 Oct 2004 20:54:52 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] PlayerPersonman submits p1912/0

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 09:16:00PM -0400, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2004, at 8.36 PM, Jake Eakle wrote:
>
> > If this is true, did the haiku and song props not get their authors any
> > points? Neither one contains the Add a section text within the actual
> > poetry
> > bit... Somehow, i kinda think the clauses in each of the forms that
> > exclude
> > the name and comments also exclude such introductory text. I'm not
> > sure of
> > the necessity of the Add a rule, Add a section, Modify rule X, etc.
> > text
> > under the current rules, but if it is necessary then no one could ever
> > get
> > any points for a poem form without devoting most of it to this text,
> > and if
> > it's not it would be trivial for me to simply remove it, and more
> > efficient
> > to ignore it for poetry purposes...
>
> The Haiku form was the first form introduced, and was propped long
> before we had a Form Creation Bonus, so its author got nothing. The
> song form did get its author points. If you look at the beginning of
> the section, the opening doesn't fit with the song pattern. This is
> because the 'introductory' text of the prop did indeed fit the song
> form, and the rule was simply integrated in with the rest.
>
> The only forms that have ever actually earned their authors the FCB
> were Song Form and Void Form. For earlier forms, the FCB didn't exist.
> In fact, the only reason I proposed the FCB was because I wanted to get
> bonus Charm from the Song Form prop, because I was very close to
> getting enough Charm points to win. It turned out to be a moot point,
> because Orc in a Spacesuit found some hole before I could hit 40 Charm,
> and so he won and all Dimensions were reset including my Charm. So
> really, there wasn't even a good reason for it when it was proposed,
> much less one for keeping it around all these nweeks.

Doesn't a Form need to exist before authors of props in that Form can
get points? How could the Song Form prop get its author points for being
in Song Form?

> >> Even with your explanation, I still don't understand the meaning of
> >> 'six among six'.
> >
> > Six among six = six distributed among six people = six divided by six:
> >
> > 30 + (6 / 6) = 31 syllables.
>
> Ah, I see. It could also be read in a number of ways: six objects
> divided among six bins yields six objects, for example.

Or twelve objects, if you include the bins.

Zarpint