Mark Karasek on Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:08:20 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] props

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:07:48 -0400, Jeremy Cook <athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I repropose "Technological Go" in its entirety. Iain and Araltaln, what
needs to be fixed?

I repropose "Python Enterprises" and change it to:
{{
__Python Enterprises__

There exists the Program List. This is a list of descriptions of
programs or scripts that Players have requested. An entry on the
list is called a Coil.

Each Coil has the following attributes:

Description, a precise description of the requested script, including
the language the Patron would like the script in.

Patron, the Player who posted the Coil.

Bonus, the goodies that the first player to Wind the Coil receives.

Any player may post a Coil to the Program List by making a statement to
that effect in a Public Forum, provided that Winding the Coil is not
trivial. [[This is a judgement call that may need to be decided by a Call
for Judgement.]] Unless the Patron specifies otherwise, the Bonus is 10
points. The Bonus must consist of a nonnegative number of Points and a
nonnegative number of Tildex and the number of Points added to the
number of Tildex may not exceed 50.

The Patron of a Coil may modify or delete the Coil by posting a
statement to that effect in a Public Forum.

Any player may Wind any Coil on the list by posting a script to a Public
Forum or privately sending a script to the Patron. If, in the sole
judgement of the Patron, the script fits the Description, the Player who
Wound the Coil receives 10 points, and the Coil is removed from the
Program List.

It is the responsibility of the Minister of the Roster to maintain the
Program List.
}}

I figure 50's a good limit.

How about not allowing the Patron of a Coil to wind it? Otherwise an unscrupulous player (not that we have any of those) could generate an endless supply of points and/or Tildex by creating mildly-difficult-but-not-excessively-so Coils and then Winding them before anyone else can (since they will have had a chance to create the script beforehand). I'm also somewhat wary of relying on CFIs to determine triviality, but I don't see any better way to do it at the moment.

--The Pusher Robot