Araltaln on Sat, 10 Jul 2004 10:58:51 -0500 (CDT)

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Emergency stuff

SkArcher wrote:
1: Game time is now stopped. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that Game time was already stopped anyway, and that it is nWeek 66, nDay 7 (with the clock turned off awaiting the issue of a ballot). The clock is turned Off, the Watch is set to zero and turned on. It is wWeek 0, wDay 1 (or possibly not... I rreally think we need to fix the confusing issues with time at some point)

Arguably, both the Clock and the Watch are currently not incrementing, as they're both means used in the Game to track time. I'm also of the opinion that we haven't made it to nweek 65 yet (the Clock stopped due to unrecognized actions), but it'd probably be easiest to just set the Clock in our selected refresh proposals.

2: We must establish a forum. Spoon-business looks fine to me, but what the hell, if ou don't like it suggest elsewhere

3: We need an Emergency Co-ordinator. Volunteers? I'm too busy to take the position.

I could probably be suckered into taking care of things.

4: The value of the Pause is 0, and will increment at midnight UTC. Why do we have both the Watch and the Pause for tracking time in an Emergency?

I don't think we do, or at least the Watch is tracking a different period of time.

5: Refresh proposals are submitted. Exactly who submits them, and to whom, isn't specified, but by Game custom it'll be the Emergency Co-Ordinator.

Well, actually, it specifies that Players and the Administrator may each submit a refresh proposal, and that they're to be submitted to the Forum.

6-12: It isn't directly stated that these happen after the other events in an SoE, but it is likely that they have to wait by Game custom. Remind me to fix rule 0 at some point (again)

Well, the Procedure is a list of sequentially numbered steps, it's not too far-fetched to assume that we're supposed to do them in order. Also, remember to fix rule 0 at some point (again).

--Araltaln