bd on Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:24:43 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] The Game

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:20:35 -0400, Craig <ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cows?
>
> >How about seperating serial numbers so that objects handled by different
> >ministries use different serial numbers? This'll reduce the amount of
> >coordination needed between ministries.
>
> Hm. This intrigues me.
>
> I'm not sure how to implement it, though.

Give each numberable object a prefix, and refer to them with
(prefix)serial/revision. It's already used unofficially - e.g. r42/7
or p666/4. This'd just extend that over all objects, and make the
prefix an official part of the serial number.

--
bd
Now with gmail!