bd on Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:18:11 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] The Game

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 05:49 pm, Craig wrote:
> >> I would be up for totally wiping the Ruleset and replacing it with
>
> something
>
> >> really, really simple that doesn't require an Admin, vaguely resembling
> >> something like:
> >
> >I heartily endorse this product and/or service, and would like to
> >subscribe to your newsletter.
> >
> >I dunno about wiping the Ruleset, but a fairly major restructuring would
> >probably be required to remove all traces of Adminhood.
>
> Okay, I've written up a possible ruleset for a C Nomic.
>
> It is a streamlined version of the B Nomic ruleset. I felt the extent of
> the changes made a new identity appropriate, though we could easily keep
> the "B Nomic" name and adopt the rest of the modifications if we so wished.
>
> It has ministries, but if a minister fails to do eir duty within one Nday
> (now defined as only ten hours, usually, but sometimes longer) any player
> may do it and win valuable cash prizes. The minister also takes a pay cut
> if that happens. There is an Uber-Minister who does the job of all unfilled
> ministries, but that is the closest it has to an Administrator. This is
> intended as a compromise between ministries and open-source government.
> Some of the old administrative duties also happen by Poll.

[snip]

> Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cows?

How about seperating serial numbers so that objects handled by different
ministries use different serial numbers? This'll reduce the amount of
coordination needed between ministries.

--
bd
If you wish women to love you, be original; I know a man who wore fur