Phil Ulrich on Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:57:12 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] The Game

I have a cow; I also have space for hosting, if you wish.

--Phil

On Jun 16, 2004, at 5:49 PM, Craig wrote:

I would be up for totally wiping the Ruleset and replacing it with
something
really, really simple that doesn't require an Admin, vaguely resembling
something like:

I heartily endorse this product and/or service, and would like to
subscribe to your newsletter.

I dunno about wiping the Ruleset, but a fairly major restructuring would
probably be required to remove all traces of Adminhood.

Okay, I've written up a possible ruleset for a C Nomic.

It is a streamlined version of the B Nomic ruleset. I felt the extent of the changes made a new identity appropriate, though we could easily keep the "B
Nomic" name and adopt the rest of the modifications if we so wished.

It has ministries, but if a minister fails to do eir duty within one Nday (now defined as only ten hours, usually, but sometimes longer) any player may do it and win valuable cash prizes. The minister also takes a pay cut if that happens. There is an Uber-Minister who does the job of all unfilled
ministries, but that is the closest it has to an Administrator. This is
intended as a compromise between ministries and open-source government. Some
of the old administrative duties also happen by Poll.

Cards, Go, the Grid, and similar fluff are gone. So are all dimensions other than Respect. Yes, even score - we'll have to give Welcome Tildex instead if we adopt it. Societies are in, though, as is Underwriting, so we can still
have subgames.

Gone also are philosophies, though rules that supported their existence
remain in place (such as the distinction between Strict Polls and other
types).

Important things like proposing and judgement are almost completely
unchanged.

I was going to attach the full thing as a text document, but it is too big.
I may send it to somebody with web space for hosting.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cows?

 - Teucer

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx

"Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarreled with him?" - Blaise Pascal