Zarpint on Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:56:56 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [spoon-discuss] The Game

Comments: Thank you. I can put this up on dynamicwind.com as soon as I get it.
Send it over. This sounds really cool.

Zarpint

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Craig wrote:

> >> I would be up for totally wiping the Ruleset and replacing it with
> something
> >> really, really simple that doesn't require an Admin, vaguely resembling
> >> something like:
>
> >I heartily endorse this product and/or service, and would like to
> >subscribe to your newsletter.
>
> >I dunno about wiping the Ruleset, but a fairly major restructuring would
> >probably be required to remove all traces of Adminhood.
>
> Okay, I've written up a possible ruleset for a C Nomic.
>
> It is a streamlined version of the B Nomic ruleset. I felt the extent of the
> changes made a new identity appropriate, though we could easily keep the "B
> Nomic" name and adopt the rest of the modifications if we so wished.
>
> It has ministries, but if a minister fails to do eir duty within one Nday
> (now defined as only ten hours, usually, but sometimes longer) any player
> may do it and win valuable cash prizes. The minister also takes a pay cut if
> that happens. There is an Uber-Minister who does the job of all unfilled
> ministries, but that is the closest it has to an Administrator. This is
> intended as a compromise between ministries and open-source government. Some
> of the old administrative duties also happen by Poll.
>
> Cards, Go, the Grid, and similar fluff are gone. So are all dimensions other
> than Respect. Yes, even score - we'll have to give Welcome Tildex instead if
> we adopt it. Societies are in, though, as is Underwriting, so we can still
> have subgames.
>
> Gone also are philosophies, though rules that supported their existence
> remain in place (such as the distinction between Strict Polls and other
> types).
>
> Important things like proposing and judgement are almost completely
> unchanged.
>
> I was going to attach the full thing as a text document, but it is too big.
> I may send it to somebody with web space for hosting.
>
> Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cows?
>
>  - Teucer
>
> ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
> teucer@xxxxxxxxxx

Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
dynamicwind.com               --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd