Zarpint on Sun, 30 May 2004 16:57:49 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Straw Poll on the Government Turnover

On Sun, 30 May 2004, SkArcher wrote:

> Hmmm, on consideration it is apparent that the "Open Source" theory will
> suffer the same problems as the Telephone did. Making any specific
> time-frame for a single action to be performed by it's nature makes it
> vulnerable to, if you will excuse the term, "camping" the event

You mean, as in camping out in line to buy Phantom Menace tickets or
something? Well, we no longer have automaton scripts, so these players
would have to be glued to their computer screens. Unless you're thinking
they'd use cron or something... We'd better not make the rewards high
enough to be worth that.
But I suggest that if a task can be done by cronning, we do it by cronning,
and remove it from the list of tasks.

Zarpint

--
Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."