Daniel Lepage on Mon, 12 Apr 2004 08:45:42 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] p1833

On Apr 12, 2004, at 8:39 AM, Bill Adlam wrote:

Now it's too late for coffee, I would like to make this observation.
Since no-one has disagreed with me about this (yet), I'm submitting
this as a comment, not a CFJ.

At the end of an nweek, a proposal that passes takes effect before a
player's activity is adjusted in accordance with eir voting action.
When p1833 takes effect, The Pusher Robot will be inactive and so not
eligible to win.  The attempt to grant a win to all members of UNSEEN
will therefore fail.

Rule 19 states that when a proposal passes, the gamestate changes listed within are made. This takes precedence over rule 27, which states that a player who is ineligible for a Win may not win. Actually, r27 is botched - it says ineligible players "may not win", not "may not be awarded wins"; it was determined by some CFI or other that "to win" and "to be awarded a win" are not the same thing.

--
Wonko

"Today, if you are not confused, you are just not thinking clearly."
     -U. Peter