Zarpint on Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:38:09 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [spoon-discuss] Thoughts toward a universal Nomic calendar

I have two complaints: we need more holidays, and 3 days isn't long enough for
those periods given that the clock will be off some of those days.

I actually think the clock doesn't do anything right now anyway, since actions
now occur as soon as they are posted, other than indicate when Dave has harfed
everything. We should figure out how often Dave can reasonably put out
Recognizers - we really only need 2 per nweek, a ballot and results.

Zarpint

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Craig wrote:

> How about this: The Nweek lasts eight ndays, divided into three checkpoints.
> The first two are three days in length, the third only two. The nyear is
> eight nweeks long, with New Nyear's Day at the beginning outside of the
> normal nweek cycle. Every twenty-one nyears, a Leap Nday is added four
> nweeks into the nyear. This is also outside of the nweek cycle.
>
> In B Nomic, the first checkpoint of the nweek is for proposing, the second
> for debate and many other game actions, and the third for voting.
>
>  - Teucer
>
> ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
> teucer@xxxxxxxxxx

Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
dynamicwind.com               --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd