Bill Adlam on Fri, 2 Apr 2004 19:15:21 -0600 (CST)

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Checkpointly Recognizer

Dave wrote:

> In rule 154, there is what I consider to be a definition for The
> Origin.
> The Origin is "a euphemism for a player whose dimensions are all
> zeroes".
> As such, I don't believe the Eclair claim is valid. (If I've
> misunderstood
> how the Eclair system should work, lemme know.)

That is how I understand the system, and I didn't intend to change the
definition from the previous one.  However, I believe the Origin is an
undefined Object.

The Origin must be a Game Object, otherwise the rules couldn't specify
that it's full of stars.  A Player with all attributes at 0 is said to
be AT the Origin, not to be the Origin.  Several Players were at the
Origin after the recent reset, but we were not all the same Object, and
were not full of stars as far as I know.

It would be reasonable to say that the Origin is implicitly defined as
being the Location with coordinates (0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0), except that a
Location can only exist in an Environment.  The Dimensions are a Space,
but not an Environment.

Plus you recognised it as an eclair when I ate it in nWeek 55.

Sagitta