Baron von Skippy on 28 Jan 2004 20:06:51 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Improving the game

>> I dunno, B Nomic may be better than sex, but is that all it can hope to aspire to?
>
>Well, you know...being better than sex is, like, a LOT...

-True. Being funnier than sex especially. Very little is funnier than sex.-

>> I propose:
>>
>> {{
>> __The Conan Paradox__
>>
>> Change the last paragraph of Rule 1/2 to read:
>>
>> "B Nomic is better than anything. The previous sentence is the national motto of B Nomic."
>> }}
>
>Not sure I'd go along with this.  I originally said B Nomic
>was better than sex because a real good holier-than-thou gloat
>can be made to last significantly longer than the average
>orgasm.  But there are different grades of holier-than-thou
>gloats, and, while the gleeful victory-dancing is fun, I can't
>help but think it'd be that much funner if, say, I could
>physically get in your face with it as well.
>
>Hell, I could keep that going for months...

-Perhaps I should explain why I propose this. It's not just the dead-end declaration of superiority it seems. Declaring that B Nomic is better than anything implies:  B Nomic is better than sex. B Nomic is better than peyote (which, as I recall, was at least considered for inclusion in the motto). B Nomic is better than two other games of B Nomic, both of which are better than each other and it. B Nomic is better than Rules 10, 33, and 1702. B Nomic is better than the adjective "better."

The phrasing is also important - by phrasing it oddly like that, I make it a rule that this is all true, not just that we can claim it. Basically, this makes life weirder than it was. Which is always good.-

[[BvS]]