Daniel Lepage on 28 Jan 2004 01:06:21 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] RE: [spoon-discuss] Platonism

On Jan 27, 2004, at 7:50 PM, Zarpint Jeremy Cook wrote:

And of course, I propose the following:

{{__Opposites of Platonism__

<snip>

}}

I never understood why every philosophy had to mess with voting rights.

I was thinking about things with which to replace philosophies, and I had two ideas: Disciplines, and Hats.

A Discipline would be like a philosophy, except that you'd also have a Level in it; there'd be some way of advancing your level, and you'd get better at it when you had higher levels. For example, Jedi might be a discipline, with the old Force rankings (assuming we had a Grid). Also, Magician might be a discipline, where you can perform Card Tricks that somehow change the cards in your hand; at higher levels, you can perform more powerful tricks and have a greater chance of succeeding.

Hats would be... the best analogy I can come up with is like the masks in Majora's Mask, if any of you are Zelda fans. Basically, there'd be one of each Hat, and they'd all have different abilities and drawbacks - if we still had The Grid, we might have a Stone Hat that kept you from taking damage from stuff being thrown at you, but also reduced your speed, or a radar hat that boosted your radar. Card magic could come into play here, too, with things like the Magician's Hat and the Gambler's Cap. Cards or other methods could provide ways of moving Hats around.

Just a thought. Er, two of them.

--
Wonko
Award Wonko a Win.