Zarpint Jeremy Cook on 19 Jan 2004 14:56:13 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Proposals! what fun!

Well, the idea was that *buzz* if the player so chose, e could *crackle*
decide not to get the *buzz* bandwidth back, and get points for it instead.
The language doesn't *buzz* make that clear. The revision will look
approximately like:

Change the third paragraph of Rule 23 to:

"The polls on a Ballot have an additional voting option: Shelve. Shelve votes
are treated as No votes; however, if a Ballot poll fails, but it would not have failed if the Shelve votes had been Yes votes, then the proposal of that poll is Shelved - it neither passes nor fails, and is included on the next nweek's Ballot. If a ballot poll fails, but would not have failed if the Administrator hadn't vetoed it, the player who proposed the vetoed proposal, if one exists, has the choice of having the proposal Shelved, or having the proposal treated as Failed and receiving X points and 1 Style."

where X *buzz* is a good number.

By the way, someone (not me!) really should *crackle* Less is More *buzz*
Proposals. There are two dozen *buzz* rules about them spread all throughout
the Ruleset.

Also by the *buzz* way, we are supposed to get 300+ BNS at the beginning of each
nweek by r21, aren't we?

Zarpint
The Style Police

> On Jan 19, 2004, at 4:56 AM, Zarpint Jeremy Cook wrote:
>
> > I propose:
> > {{__Rewarding Strangeness__
> >
> > Add after the third paragraph of Rule 23:
> >
> > "In the event of an Administrator veto of a proposal, the player who
> > proposed
> > the vetoed proposal shall have the choice of either:
> >
> > - Regaining any lost Bandwidth from the proposal, and having the
> > proposal have
> > no further effect on Bandwidth
> >
> > - or losing Bandwidth as normal, but having eir Style increased by 1
> > and eir
> > Score increased by (1d9)-4."
> >
> > [[This way, we'll be encouraged (as if we needed it) to make more
> > strange
> > proposals, and some of them might work and make the game better in
> > weird
> > ways.]]
>
> Dave's veto effectively gives back the bandwidth already, 'cause the
> vetoed prop is shelved and then can be reused next nweek.
>
> --
> Wonko

Zarpint            "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
Jeremy Cook         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx       --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd
grep -r kibo /     "Movements are the problem, not the answer to problems."