Baron von Skippy on 19 Jan 2004 03:37:18 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] repeal-o-prop

>>> Ohhh yes. Particually if you manage to get a Copper Rod, a Tim and a
>>> big-bad-i-said-no* as the pick up
>>>
>>> *Trans: Lightning Bolt, Prodigal Sorcerer, Counterspell. If you have to
>>> ask why we nicknamed Prodigal Sorcerers as Tims, you haven't watched
>>> enough Python.
>>
>> I've heard them called Tims before (somewhere around here I have my Tim
>> deck, devoted to Tim and similar cards);
>
>*shudders* one friend of mine put a Bruise deck (black-blue) together once
>that had 20 blue cards in it. Every one had "Tap:Cause 1 Damage to target
>creature or Player" on it. As a result everyone used to gang up on him at
>the start of games.

-Heh. My blue deck has four Horseshoe Crabs (1/3, U: untap) and four Hermetic Studies (Target creature gets "Tap: Tim) in it - after a series of games in which I nuked their armies one at a time before taking them apart slowly, all my friends have learned to hit those Crabs with everything they can throw together. It would be funny if it didn't suck so much for my deck.-

>  but I've never heard lightning
>> bolt called "Copper Rod".
>
>obvious electricity reference. I don't know who started it, but we had
>joke references to most of the cards. Terror was always just called "Dark
>Place", Dragon Whelps were Dragon Bombs, Initiates of the Ebon Hand were
>retitled Initiatites of the Exploding Head and frequently used for Drain
>Life.

-Llanowar Elves became Lawnmower Elves, and Fetid Horror became Fetid Whore, and that's about all we ever really had that way, I think. No doubt more will come to me as soon as I send this.-

>  We always called it "Bolt". And I thought the
>> big-bad-NO was Force of Will; Counterspell's more like a supplementary
>> No.
>>

>Don't think I ever had a force of will. I had a Force of Nature tho.

-Might be a slight difference there. I can't think of any cards I'd call a "big bad No," except perhaps for the "big bad oh god please no no no no dammit" which is Wake of Destruction - 4RRR: Destroy target land and all lands with the same name as that land.-

[[BvS]]