SkArcher on 14 Jan 2004 14:48:17 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Part of the nweek 55 RESULTS

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:48:49 -0600 (CST), David E. Smith <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Joel Uckelman wrote:

> (Aside: Anyone here familiar with UPSes and battery backup power supplies, > and why one might stop working, then shoot out sparks? Or just plain die
> at 3 a.m.?)

The magic smoke wanted out.

Yup. I think the plan was, "If we have $5,000 UPSes and batteries, they'll
be sturdy enough to contain the magic smoke." Obviously, this plan didn't
work as well as we might have hoped.

is this happening all the time, or just once (if they always die at 3am you have something causing a big as power flux at 3am)?

other than that: you have to remember that magic smoke wants to be free too

SkArcher