David E. Smith on 14 Jan 2004 13:50:09 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Part of the nweek 55 RESULTS

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Joel Uckelman wrote:

> > (Aside: Anyone here familiar with UPSes and battery backup power supplies,
> > and why one might stop working, then shoot out sparks? Or just plain die
> > at 3 a.m.?)
>
> The magic smoke wanted out.

Yup. I think the plan was, "If we have $5,000 UPSes and batteries, they'll
be sturdy enough to contain the magic smoke." Obviously, this plan didn't
work as well as we might have hoped.

dave