SkArcher on 11 Jan 2004 14:53:13 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Are you on drugs? (was: Political Robot Grid Tafl)

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:06:52 -0600, Joel Uckelman <uckelman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thus spake "Baron von Skippy":
>How about combining Political Tafl with Grid Robots?
>
>The grid would be 2-dimensional and large - something from 30 to
>aleph-null squares on each axis - with debris in predetermined places.
>Each player has a Hnefi, and can create pawns as described below.

-Remind me again (he said, as though he had ever known), what's aleph-null? I s that infinity, the empty set, the set of all real numbers, the set of all f
ake numbers, a fake set of matching silverware, seventeen, or what?-

Aleph-null is the cardinality of the set of natural numbers.

Aleph-1, on the other hand, is one of the most powerful psychadelic drugs ever devised (by, if it interests you, Alexander "Sasha" Shulgin, renowned as a scientist who personally tests his work), and is legal in at least some areas of the world. I would ask if this idea of an infinite grid was devised while under the influence of this or any other of his more interesting concoctions.

SkArcher