Glotmorf on 11 Jan 2004 00:04:25 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Political Robot Grid Tafl

On 10 Jan 2004 at 17:46, Joel Uckelman wrote:

> Thus spake "Glotmorf":
> >
> > Shouldn't be necessary.  All you really need is for a table
> > row to be a grid cell with X and Y coordinates and an index
> > built on them.
>
> Right, but a sparse grid works only if finitely many of the cells
> contain something that needs tracking.

If there's an infinite number of cells that need tracking, I'd
suggest adding a note to the bottom of the webpage and simply
pretending they're tracked.  And/or a secondary table in which
one can specify ranges of cells that have certain properties,
such that if an infinite number of cells with X=3 belong to
bd, the row might be

| 3| 3| 0|-1|belongs to bd

with -1 indicating infinity.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower