Daniel Lepage on 5 Dec 2003 22:12:54 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re:

On Friday, December 5, 2003, at 04:21 PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

I propose:
Subject: [Spoon-business] Viva la revolution!
Sender: spoon-business-bounces@xxxxxxxxx

Why did you put "I propose" before the mail headers?

{{
__Less is More: Winning__

Repeal rule 851.

Repeal rule 1714.

Amend Rule 27 to read:
{{
A. Eligibility
A player is said to be eligible for a Win if and only if that player's Charm and Activity are both positive nonzero numbers and that player's Respect is positive. If a player is ineligible for a Win, that player may not win.

I seem to recall that at some point in the past, we determined that in B Nomic, as in mathematics, zero is not a positive number. I suspect you were assuming it was, since you said "positive nonzero number". What you actually mean is Postive charm, Positive activity, and Nonnegative Respect.

B. Standard winning condition
If a player's score equals or exceeds 1000 points, that player is immediately awarded a Win.

C. The Circuit Breaker
The following rule is created immediately after any player is awarded a Win, unless that win is recieved as a result of one of the effects of rule 1282, __Seniority__:

I think that it will be easier in the future to change both this rule and the seniority rule if instead the exception were made in r1282, as in, 'when a player reaches eir two year mark, e gets a Win; this does not cause a rule called "No Win For You" to be created.'

{{ __No Win For You__ {* Win, 9 *}

Players may not win.

This rule may not be repealed within an nweek of its creation.
}}

D. Triggering
This rule takes effect after any event that is a 27-trigger. [[See rule 1340/0.]]
}}

[[Basically, I put the text of Rules 851 and 1714 into the Win rule. It's simpler that way. There were some small tweaks to the specific wording, but this is easier to read and doesn't conflict as much.]]
}}

--
Wonko
Award Wonko a Win.